We also presented more than two dozen mayoral proclamations declaring September, Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month in cities across Minnesota.
As part of Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month, we recognized a need for increased attention to resources, education, and investment in research to improve the lives of Minnesotans with SCIs. To meet this need for increased visibility, the MNSCIA worked with Mayors and City Councils across Minnesota to write proclamations and raise awareness of those with SCIs' needs.
The MNSCIA, also used the “Bridging Together” event to communicate these needs to medical professionals from across Minnesota.
Thanks to the following mayors and city councils who helped raise awareness in their communities by signing proclamations.
- Mayor R.T. Rybak of Minneapolis
- Mayor Darell Olson of Baxter
- Mayor Jim Dagg of Thief River Falls
- Mayor James B. Hovlund of Edina
- Mayor Keith Johnson of Litchfield
- Mayor Ron Lundquist of North Branch
- Mayor Mike Shaw of Jordan
- Mayor Randy J. Quiring of Fairmont
- Mayor William Blesener of Little Canada
- Mayor Brad Tabke of Shakopee
- Mayor Scott Zerby of Shorewood
- Mayor Don Ness of Duluth
- Mayor Peter Lindstrom of Falcon Heights
- Mayor Tim Willson of Brooklyn Park
- Mayor Cindy Hanson of Spring Lake Park
- Mayor Jimmie-John King of Stewartville
- Mayor Richard E. Miller of Waite Park
- Mayor Elizabeth Kautz of Burnsville
- Mayor Jay Bunting of Rogers
- Mayor Jo Emerson of White Bear Lake
- Mayor Debra Lee Fader on Montevideo
- Mayor Mark Voxland of Morehead
- Mayor Gary L. Peterson of Columbia Heights
- Saturday, October 5th, 2013 2:00-4:00 PM,Bunker Park Activity Center-Maple Room 550, Bunker Lake Blvd NW Andover, MN 55304